Webinar about electrical risks
Do you want to learn more about the possible risks you are facing with regards to the quality of voltage and current – Power Quality – in your electrical installation?
Subscribe now for our S.O.S. consultation hour; Webinar Power Quality – 12 October 2017, 11.00 AM.
Major risks due to poor Power Quality
Disturbances, fire risk and overload of equipment are just a few of the examples
The right quality of voltage and current – Power Quality – is essential on yachts. It ensures the realibity, efficiency and safety of the electrical installation. Due to the increased use of converters – such as LED lighting and inverters – excessive harmonics may emerge, deteriorating the quality of electricity on yachts. This threatens the health of your electrical installation and poses major risks.
Possible risks of poor Power Quality are:
- Overloading of generators and switchgear
- Capacity losses
- Malfunctioning of sensitive equipment
- Shortened life of electrical equipment
- Energy losses and an increased risk of fire
- Disturbance in accuracy of measuring & security systems
- Increased temperature in cables, transformers and distributors